Saturday, January 17, 2009

The first time I predict a game

And I'm 100% correct. As I predicted earlier [see 2 posts down], the Washington Capitals powered their way past the Boston Bruins tonight, 2-1. The shorthanded Bruins simply couldn't muster the offensive attack they've shown all season, and the Caps took advantage.

The game was highlighted by a marvelous slap-shot game winner from Alexander Semin in the third period. Unfortunately, I couldn't find Semin after the game to discuss the blast.

He probably would have explained to me why he's better than Crosby -- and guess what, if we judge tonight alone, he may have been right. We rarely see a stickhandling performance as good as the one the "other" Alex put on this evening.

Can't wait to see these two teams meet in Boston in a few weeks -- should be a preview of an eventual exciting playoff matchup.

No comments: